Nothing beats experience. Nothing. With over 30 years of experience providing senior housing valuation / consulting services in 26 states (highlighted in burgundy in the map below), as well as being a partner in the development of three senior housing communities in the Southeast U.S., Mr. Bertrand can provide an unparalleled level of expertise and knowledge to his clients. Whether it involves Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, or Age Restricted / Active Adult communities, Mr. Bertrand can provide the insight and analysis to help make your community a success.
Consulting services provided are summarized as follows —
- Market analysis which includes completion of market studies to determine the demand (or lack thereof) for senior housing services (independent living, assisted living, memory care and/or active adult) in a particular location
- Site selection services
- Rent surveys
- Development of detailed financial pro-formas for proposed senior housing developments
- Assistance with obtaining necessary approvals and entitlements for proposed senior housing developments
- Development of Investment Summary packages for proposed senior housing developments to be presented to lenders and investors
- Development of Business Plans for new developers in the senior housing space
- Debt / Equity placement
- Introduction to development partners and/or operators, as necessary
Mr. Bertrand has also been involved in the successful development of three memory care communities located throughout the Southeast U.S. His experience includes not only the pre-development stage of construction, but involvement through the construction process itself, concluding with obtaining Certificate of Occupancy and Licensure.
Although Mr. Bertrand’s prior experience has been focused on senior living development opportunities in affluent suburban markets across the Southeast U.S., it is acknowledged that those opportunities are more difficult to find given the amount of new construction in recent years. Thus, developments in secondary or tertiary markets are being increasingly considered.
Mr. Bertrand’s ability to appropriately analyze local markets and evaluate potential competitors, both existing and proposed, has been important to the success of the communities he has helped to develop thus far.
Development services provided are summarized as follows —
- Input on concept and design
- Site analysis
- Market analysis
- Negotiation and review of real estate contracts
- Cost and pro-forma analysis
- Review of contractor’s bids
- Assisting in entitlement / permitting
- Review of contracts submitted by potential management companies/operators
- Oversight of construction process through completion of construction of the community